The NASW-Nevada Chapter is seeking volunteers in every part of the state to volunteer on chapter committees or task forces to support events and chapter priorities.
NASW is your association. Why not take advantage of all the opportunities it has to offer? Within each of our regions are ongoing leadership opportunities, CEU workshops, and networking events organized just for you. NASW-Nevada is your networking link to what’s going on in your community and the social work profession at large. This is your professional organization—make the most of your membership, and get involved!
Consider joining one of the many committees and task forces within the NASW-Nevada Chapter. They include:
- Conference Committee - assists in education review, promotes the event and solicit sponsor/exhibitors. In formation*
- Rural/Frontier Committee - standing committee tasked with looking for ways to better integrate rural social workers into the association. Currently Active.
- Legislative Session Review Committee - reviews upcoming legislative issues and session legislation for discussion and possible chapter involvement and/or action. In formation*
- Racial Equity Committee - standing committee tasked with reviewing current issues around racial equity. Currently Active.
- Licensure Task Force - Task force charged with reviewing current licensure laws and policies.
- Membership and Community Outreach Committee - standing committee to work with community partners to further recruit members and inform the social work profession on NASW activities. Currently Active
*Committees that are designated as "in formation" are committees that are currently not meeting but in which the association will be launching when needed or the applicable time period arrives. Committees marked "currently active", are currently meeting and have a formal charge.
Getting involved in your chapter is a great way to not only build your resume but to also gain leadership skills. But most importantly, if there is something you’d like to see happen in your region, whether it be starting your own Brown Bag Lunch series, a book club, a CEU workshop on a specific topic, or anything else, volunteering on a chapter committee is the best way to make it happen. This is YOUR association—make sure it reflects YOUR interests!
Please Note: You MUST be an active member of NASW-NV to be a voting member of a committee.
If you're interested in serving on one of these advisory groups, please complete an NASW-Nevada Committee Volunteer interest form.
Additional opportunities and task forces may be added throughout the year as needed by the Board of Directors. Updated opportunities will be reflected here and via the email news blasts.