Virtual Review Course

testlcsw

Test Preparation with the NASW-Nevada Chapter

The NASW-Nevada Chapter LSW/LCSW Review Course is a unique course which will cover the format and structure of the LSW/LCSW examination as well as the most current content areas as determined by the Association of Social Work Boards (ASWB) for licensure. Practice questions will be reviewed to illustrate test-taking strategies and reinforce content material.

  • Live Virtual Training: This two-day, four-hour course or one-day 8 hour course includes three-month access to a digital version of the NASW-NV–proprietary manual which includes selected readings and handouts designed to complement the lecture.
  • Live In-Person Training (currently canceled until further notice): This one-day, eight-hour course includes a printed NASW-NV–proprietary manual (includes selected readings) and a packet of handouts designed to complement the lecture

Access to the NASW-NV–proprietary manual is available to course registrants only.


The majority of course content (98%) will cover material relating to both the LSW and LCSW exams; the remaining 2% will cover content relating to just the LCSW. However, we feel this is still valuable information to those pursuing their LSWs so they know what to expect when hopefully pursuing an LCSW later on in their career.

Content areas will include: theories of human development; assessment, diagnosis and treatment; psychopathology; psychopharmacology; communication; professional ethics; management and administration; research; and diversity.

Sample questions and some group discussion are used to illustrate the lecture material.
 

PLEASE NOTE: There is no refund policy for participants who, after taking the test, fail to reach the passing requirement. While our review course has been highly regarded in the state for over fifteen years, no review course can replace three to four years of college education in eight hours. What our review course does do is prepare you for taking the LSW/LCSW test with test-taking assistance, a review of testing topics, case studies, and additional reading material. Think of it as a structured class to help review what you know and identify what you need to work on before you sit for the test.

TO REGISTER

Below are a list of all confirmed dates. To register for an upcoming review course, scroll down and click on the date you are interested in attending. If there are no dates that fit your current schedule, check back for new dates as they are announced. 

 

If your organization or school would be interested in hosting a future review course, please contact the chapter (class size minimums required).
 

LSW/LCSW REVIEW COURSE FEES

$225.00 - Nonmember UASWS/Phi Alpha Member Registration
$235.00 - Nonmember
$175.00 - NASW Member


NOTE: While there is no deadline for signing up for the review course, we encourage participants to sign up sooner rather than later since space is limited and courses can sell out. New dates are added as soon as they are scheduled.

On-site registration will not be accepted. Registration will close two days from event date.  


NOTE ON ACCOMMODATIONS

If you require disability accommodations to permit your attendance/participation in the event, complete the online registration form with payment and submit a written request at least thirty (30) days prior to the workshop. Requests received after this deadline may not be able to be processed or fulfilled in time for the event.

CANCELLATION POLICY

(Revised April 10, 2020)

While we understand that emergencies do occur, once a participant has been registered and is expected to attend a course, the NASW-Nevada Chapter has already factored that person’s attendance into costs already absorbed by the chapter. Please see the event registration form for complete cancellation details.